Eskom FAS Rescue 2 days
Accreditation: SAQA Unit Standard 229994
Prerequisites: FAR (U/S 229995 & 229998)
The 2 day course will cover the theoretical & practical training for the following:
- Legislative requirements
- Rescue and rescue equipment
- Rescue system and requirements
- Hardware safety, inspection, maintenance and legal requirements
- Log instructions
- Buddy Rescue (Rescuer can reach the fallen person directly)
- Buddy Rescue (Remotely, cannot reach the fallen person directly)
- Emergency response to fall arrest and the risks of suspension trauma
- Risk factors
- Signs and symptoms
- Physically fit
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English.
- Functioning literacy in English (or African language)
Born in Cape Town, South Africa. Spent his years growing up in Pretoria, Auckland New Zealand and Colorado, U.S.A. At the age of 18 became an Advanced Freefall Instructor, Freefly Instructor and Canopy Pilot in the Skydiving industry. In 2008 was blessed to be a part of the South African Canopy Piloting team competing at the world champs. Has spent more than 15 years in the rope access, offshore, training, NDT and rescue industries. Achieved IRATA Rope Access Instructor, Fall Arrest and Advanced Rescue Instructor, Constituent Assessor, and Confined Space Entry and Rescue Instructor. Found RAI in 2009 and has never looked back.
Make a Booking
Ready to get educated?
Sign up today or contact us to discuss