- The IMIST standard ensures that workers have the necessary safety awareness and training to reduce risk and ultimately reduce the number of incidents.
- The IMIST course is an online system, this allows the student to work at their own pace.
- Prior to the start of the course, 75mins is given for a pre-course knowledge assessment, based on the students previous work knowledge, the course content will automatically be adapted to suit his/her need.
- IMIST is currently available in 12 languages; American and UK English, Arabic, Hindi, Bahasa Malaysian, French, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian, Russian, Kazakh and Danish.
The nine modules covered in IMIST are:
- Introduction to the Hazardous Environment
- Working Safely
- Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that Require a Permit to Work
- Personal Responsibility in Maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques Every Day
- Controlling the Use of Hazardous Substances
- Knowledge and Processes of Working at Height
- Being Aware of Mechanical Lifting Activities
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to read and write English to NQF level 3
- Functioning literacy in English
This course qualification is valid for 3 years
Born in Cape Town, South Africa. Spent his years growing up in Pretoria, Auckland New Zealand and Colorado, U.S.A. At the age of 18 became an Advanced Freefall Instructor, Freefly Instructor and Canopy Pilot in the Skydiving industry. In 2008 was blessed to be a part of the South African Canopy Piloting team competing at the world champs. Has spent more than 15 years in the rope access, offshore, training, NDT and rescue industries. Achieved IRATA Rope Access Instructor, Fall Arrest and Advanced Rescue Instructor, Constituent Assessor, and Confined Space Entry and Rescue Instructor. Found RAI in 2009 and has never looked back.